Team Breast Friends is a local non-profit group that raises funds to support women with breast cancer or need help paying for mammograms and other diagnostic tests.
- A check in the amount of $10,000 was presented to Mercy Hospital in Iowa City for the Breast Health Fund. Team Breast Friends provides resources at the Mammography Suite for necessary screenings when patients are under insured or have no insurance. This donation has been supported by many in the Corridor and helps sustain our mission to assist and fight to end breast cancer.
- Team Breast Friends was ready to fly into action as volunteers at the 2018 Sodafest held on Saturday, September 29, 2018 in conjunction with the Northside Oktoberfest hosted by the Iowa City Downtown District. During the shift you could catch Team Breast Friends members having fun with the props and playing with the kids who stopped by the event. Team members love to give back to the community and enjoy volunteer opportunities!
- Team Breast Friends members volunteered at PINK Trivia Night on May 12, 2018 to help Liberty High School volleyball teams raise money to purchase PINK jerseys to wear during the month of October. The volleyball teams are helping raise awareness in the community about early detection, monthly self breast exams, healthy lifestyles and mammograms. Team Breast Friends is proud to support the teams’ efforts.
- A check in the amount of $5,000 was presented to Mercy Hospital Foundation for the Breast Health Fund which provides screenings for individuals in the Corridor. Team members raises funds with the Annual Drive Away Breast Cancer golf outing and Plants for the Cure held each spring and 5k Rack Run held in October.
- Team Breast Friends members present check in the amount of $25,000 to Dr. Lillian Erdahl. Funds to be used to provide support for the greatest needs of the breast cancer surgery program currently conducted by Dr. Erdahl.
- Dr. Erdahl is a 1998 graduate of City High School, so keeping it local for Team Breast Friends connected us to her in a very special way and the care she provides to patients right here in our community solidified the relationship.
Read: Helen Nassif Community Cancer Center letter
- Team Breast Friends, making a difference in the lives of those impacted by breast cancer. Another great opportunity as we presented the Helen G. Nassif Cancer Community Center a check in the amount $5,000.00 for the Breast Health Fund. This provides medical supplies (camisoles, drain pockets, lanyards) not covered by insurance for those in the community who have been impacted by breast cancer. Together we can and do make a difference!
Read: Helen Nassif Cancer Center letter Dec 15 2017
- In August 2017, a fund was established at UIHC to support Dr. Lillian Erdahl and her work with the breast cancer team, for clinical care, education, and cancer research.
- On Monday, November 13, 2017 $5,000.00 was given to Iowa City Mercy Hospital Foundation for the Breast Health Fund which provides breast cancer screenings for individuals in the Corridor who are under or uninsured.
- Throughout 2017, individual grants have been awarded to patients who applied for financial assistance and provided a doctor’s diagnosis and signature.
Team Breast Friends was the recipient of the Solon Women Pink Night Fundraising Event sponsored by the Solon Women’s Golf League.
SIX team members of Team Breast Friends served supper for the guests at the Hope Lodge in Iowa City. Team Breast Friends is a non-profit organization raising funds for men and women in the area who are in treatment for breast cancer and need support.
Team Breast Friends helpedsponsor Surviving in Style: A Women’s Cancer Event at the South Slope Community Center in North Liberty, IA by hosting a table to provide information about their mission, “To make a positive difference in the lives impacted by breast cancer and bring awareness through our efforts.” Surviving in Style: A Women’s Cancer Event is held annually. This year Mercy Hospital surgeon, Dr. Nathan Schneider and breast cancer survivor, Debbie Reicks gave informational, powerful and inspirational speeches. Several local women who are cancer survivors modeled today’s fashions from local merchants. Silent auction items were available for bidding along with a raffle item for a stay at Lake of the Ozarks.