A Look Back at Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2019
October was a busy month for Team Breast Friends! Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an important time for us and we are truly grateful for everyone who helped bring awareness and support to those affected by breast cancer in the Corridor. Here is a look back Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2019.
- Thursday, 10/3/19 Tipton High School volleyball team held their PINK DIG night raising $960 through T-shirt sales, raffle and concession stand donations.
- Thursday, 10/3/19 Liberty High School volleyball team held their PINK night where they recognized several TBF Board Members and players proudly played for breast cancer patients who have touched their lives.
- Saturday, 10/5/19 Team members and local high school students volunteered at SODAFEST and raised $700.00.
- Sunday, 10/6/19 The Annual Team Breast Friends 5k Rack Run raised $10,100.
- Tuesday, 10/8/19 Patty Frantz joined Greta Clemons, Marketing Mgr for Washington County Clinic, for a live interview to raise awareness for breast cancer and share info on how Team Breast Friends is growing.
- Friday, 10/11/19 YOGA night @ North Dodge Athletic Club generated $255 for breast cancer patients.
- Friday, 10/18/19 The U of I Homecoming Parade was a fun night for team members and PINK HEALS of Eastern Iowa as we walked to raise awareness for breast cancer.
- Friday, 10/25/18 Clear Creek Amana High School football booster program raised $1,220 through t-shirt sales and presented check at half time of the game to TBF board members.
- Team member Molly Brown took part in a photo session during October at the new bridal store in Coralville – Jocelyn Taylor Prom and Bridal Shop to help raise awareness for breast cancer patients.
- Friday, 10/25/18 Hills Bank branches in Johnson County participated in a fundraiser called Jeans Day which generated $592 for breast cancer patients in the Corridor.
- Crescent Electric headquarters in Dubuque, IA held an October breast cancer awareness day and raised $300 for breast cancer patients.
- Drew Murphy Strength and Fitness, located in Tiffin, IA, sold T-shirts for a fundraiser in September to promote the October breast cancer awareness month. $175 of the sales was donated for breast cancer patients’ needs in the Corridor.
- October 2019 Team Breast Friends was the recipient of the monthly fundraiser at the Coralville Texas Roadhouse. The staff raised $1,460 in October that was converted to 146 gift cards that will be given to breast cancer patients and their families to use whenever they need a special meal or a break from the kitchen.